Natural High, an anti-drug group, is perhaps the most innovative drug abuse prevention organization to surface in years! After his family was devastated by the death of two brothers because of drugs, Jon Sundt founded Natural High. Jon wants to “give back by changing the hearts and minds of kids on how they perceive drugs”.
The organization is attracting well-known celebrity role models like Lauren Conrad, Tony Hawk, Cassadee Pope, Bethany Hamilton, Travis Pastrana, Terry Kennedy, and Paul Rodriguez Jr. to take part in the cause. They are all featured in the “Natural High DVD Series” being distributed freely to more than 14,000 schools across the US. This means more than 6 million students per year.
In honor of Red Ribbon Month, they are launching a campaign to help youth discover and purse a “natural high”, giving them a reason to say no to an artificial high. Reaching the intended audience with the Natural High message is exponentially economical and pales in comparison to the emotional and financial devastation of addiction. Consider the following statistics Natural High is able to achieve with small donations:
· 83% of educators report a change in their students’ perception about drugs and alcohol.
· 85% of students participating in the program have reported that having a natural high will help fight the temptation of drugs and alcohol.
· 140,000 educators are currently in the Natural High network across the US.
· 6 million youth see the Natural High video annually.
· 77% of youth report that the film encouraged them to find a natural high and reject drugs and alcohol.
· All 50 states use this video.
· 80,000 people and growing have pledged to live naturally high.